Infrared saunas are known to have many health benefits, some we have covered in previous posts. Today I am purely going to focus on the beauty benefits of infrared sauna use – see below for my top tips!
- Probably the biggest beauty benefit for using my infrared sauna is for my skin. Not only does it remove dead skin cells, revealing younger looking skin but helps clear up my acne and gives me a lovely glow. (see previous posts for more detail on this)
- A great way to save money on shaving cream/gels is to shave legs/underarm etc. while in the infrared sauna. Basically you sweat loads in an infrared sauna (2/3 times more than a regular sauna) so shaving towards the end of a session gives you a lovely close shave minus the creams. My legs are always silky smooth when I do this!
- I have naturally curly hair (mixed race with afro-Caribbean) so my hair can get very dry. To keep it looking healthy and lush, I put hot oil or a treatment on my hair then cover with a plastic cap and have my sauna session. I then rinse out and wash/style my hair as usual.
- I’m a busy working mummy so I don’t get time to work-out as much as I used to (I was a keen 3-4 times a week gym bunny). So regularly (3 or more times a week) using my infrared sauna burns enough calories to keep me in shape. In fact, I’m currently at my slimmest thanks to my sauna sessions (oh and of course running after my 14 month old toddler!).
- Sleep! Now we all know sleep plays a major role in looking and feeling good, it’s not called beauty sleep for nothing. Infrared therapy is known to relax you and give you a good night’s sleep. Luckily I have always been a pretty good sleeper but my husband who does have sleep problems say he has a more restful night if he uses the infrared sauna prior to bedtime.
- Stress buster! I don’t know about you but my skin is acne-prone but stress definitely plays apart in how good my skin looks. Using my infrared sauna at least 3 times a week is great for de-stressing and lifting the mood plus infrared therapy releases those all-important endorphins. Result!